Subject: Re: Recently used Menu entries

Re: Recently used Menu entries

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 17:00:10 +0000

> > I would suggest that what you are looking for is an user-config menu
> > which configures itself automatically.
>
>Exactly. That would remove the need for a human readable configuration
>file or the likes.

So it IS the return of the user-config menu.

> > [...] Might that be "user-config with AI"?
>
>Not "AI" but the concept of "Last recently used".

OK, fair, AI may be a valid term, but perhaps a tad overkill here.

> >> Recursion? Could you elaborate (or give me a pointer to some
> >> reading?)
> >
> > If picking a menu option would put you in a place where you could
> > pick that same option again, you can keep on picking that option
> > ad-infinitum.
>
>So far the definition of recursion (as in I knew that bit already). But
>where/how does this happen in our case? (sorry for asking the question
>that vague at first)
>
>Here a description of "our case" from my point of view:
>Imagine F1-Menu as a tree. I think of adding leaves of this tree to the
>LRU[1]-Menu... AND the LRU[1]-Menu only is accessible by pressing ie.
>F3. There is no entry for it in the standard F1-Menu.
>
>Show me cycles in this graph.

As I say, I could never understand where the problem was myself. The hack
job which would lead to this [recursive] kind of error, is NOT akin to the
skill levels of those allowed to submit code to Rockbox - we have some
5417-hot programmers here!

I can only suggest that you may like to code up a solution and see what the
devs say. If you need any help, I think I am allowed to advise now, but I
may not write any code.

BC