Subject: Re: Speed adjustment is it possible

Re: Speed adjustment is it possible

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 08:31:59 +0100

On 06.12.2005, Thom Johansen wrote:

> Will Smith wrote:

>> I recently got an Ondio and wonder if one can increase speed
>> and preserve pitch? If so, where to get info on this.
>>
>> Will
>> wilsmith_at_iglou.com
>>
> Preserving pitch while changing speed is more or less only
> possible for platforms
> with software codecs, so no, not easily possible for Ondio.

The Ondio currently doesn't allow pitch shift at all, but that's
just because of a lack of buttons. Adding the pitch screen to
Ondio is possible, by putting it in the wps context menu. Some
changes of the screen itself are necessary for this though.

Preserving the pitch while changing speed would only be possible
if someone modifies the MP3 decoder, i.e. code for the MAS. Next
to impossible unless you are working with Micronas...

Regards, Jens