Subject: Re: iriver Recommandation

Re: iriver Recommandation

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 19:28:15 -0700

So if we take a snapshot of the device before and after, the DRM code will
isolate itself automatically - now there's a nice starting point ;)

right on Chipper!

Talk about overkill! I am a subscriber to net library which uses DRM
technology. Recently I complained about all download links not working.
They all indicated that the download link had expired.
Net library told me that DRM registers your computer for DRM authorisation
purposes. I was advised that if the clock on my PC changes more then 30
seconds DRM will not let me download or play an already downloaded file.
LOL Freaking LOL!

My PC is using XP Pro and is sinked to a world clock. Mountain Standard
time utilizes daylight savings time here in Canada. My PC was automatically
adjusted accordingly. DRM detected that change and shut me out completely.
LOL Grr Irk!
I had to go and reset my clock that was already completely accurate.
afterwards, the download links worked and I can now play my files.

Talk about overkill...rocker