Subject: Re: Question Jukebox Multimedia

Re: Question Jukebox Multimedia

From: Vladimir Pantelic <pan_at_nt.tu-darmstadt.de>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:07:57 +0100

Pierre LAURIER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've just bought a second hand 'Archos Jukebox Multimedia' (Audio Photo Video
> USB Hard Disk, with record function ) labelled 'JBM' on the backside, and
> have some questions :
>
> - this box uses Archos software 1.3.3 and the batteries are not charging at
> 100 %, mostly 50 %; then I have some problems with the display and commands
> freezing when using on batteries; is it an issue with the soft ? or really
> the batteries ? or hardware pbm ?

The JBM uses two batteries inside which are running in parallel. What often
happens is that one of the two battery contact gets bent to much and does
not make contact with the battery any more. If this happens you are running
on just one battery with the result that you have just 50% of the charge
and that the single battery cannot handle all the current needs and therefore
the unit might hang.

To fix this, remove the battery and then carefully bend the battery contacts
forward with a hook shaped tool.

see:

        http://www.angelfire.com/trek/archos/diagnosis.htm

for details and some photos.