Subject: why no shutdown in car adapter mode?

why no shutdown in car adapter mode?

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Dec 2005 14:09:32 +0100 (MET)

Hi,

We're using my gf's (flashed) JBR15 with the kitchen stereo. The receiver
has a switched output, to which I connected the Archos wall wart. I'd like
the box to follow the receiver power, so enabled car adapter mode and auto
resume.

However, when the power supply is off, the JBR just goes into pause,
draining its batteries. Woudn't it be desirable to also shutdown? How are
other people using the car adapter mode? Perhaps in combination with
agressive idle poweroff?

How about changing car adapter mode to also power off? Any opinions, besides
more options?

Jörg