Subject: Re: Rockbox query

Re: Rockbox query

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 07:00:08 -0700

Hi Brian. Here's one thing to check as it happened to me several weeks ago
when my IHP140 was not talking. I'm off to work now so good luck and let us
know when you find the fix. :

>From a frehsly booted unit I pressed these keys to activate:
AB, DOWN, DOWN, RIGHT (to go to General Settings)
UP, RIGHT (go to VOICE)
RIGHT (into Voice Menus) DOWN to toggle (YES/NO)
LEFT.

>From this point on the H140 should talk.

Other causes of the problems could be:
- incorrect language settings. Once you change the unit language to anything
but
English the voice stops. (This could really be problem for blind users if
they
select a language by accident. Maybe
a language file " default.voice" could be activated whenever a language
without
a voice file is active)

To get English, press this from bootup:
AB, DOWN, DOWN, RIGHT, UP, UP, RIGHT