Subject: Re: Some H340 impressions

Re: Some H340 impressions

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 08:35:42 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 3 Jan 2006, John Lawrence wrote:

> I second everything Jonathan Corbet has said. In addition, sometimes the
> scrolling decides to take a mind of its own. It continues to scroll after I
> let go of the button or doesnt stop at all. Sometimes it just works
> perfectly.

The continued-scroll-after-key-release is most likely because the key repeats
happen faster than the LCD gets updated.

The fact that it "works sometimes" is probably because this is not an issue
while "boosted" (CPU runnning at 124MHz) since then the CPU runs fast enough
to update the LCD faster than the key repeat, and if you play music while
doing this it will boost every now and then for audio decoding purposes.

We've discussed several different approaches to solve this, one of course
being to enhance the LCD update function to run faster but another way could
be to increase the low CPU speed used to something like 60MHz.