Subject: Re: Some H340 impressions

Re: Some H340 impressions

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 02:45:23 +0100

On 1/5/06, John Lawrence <blaquestic_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> why is the CPU boosted at times, and not boosted at other times?
> -John

Hi,
the CPU speed is in direct correlation to the power consumption. The
high CPU-speed if of course needed for such "complicated" things as
decoding music. As some of the codecs are able to decode music faster
than "needed", so faster than realtime (don't beat me on the exact
numbers, but it's like decoding 5 seconds of music would take half a
second), it suffices to boost the CPU only from time to time (like for
half a second every 5 seconds in my example), and to do the simpler
tasks (updating the WPS and idle-stuff) with a lower frequency.

lImbus