Subject: Re: Digital radio, many cuestions

Re: Digital radio, many cuestions

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 21:03:41 +0100

Kaiet Estrada Gamarra wrote:
> I am not sure about these. Digital radio is emited in Fm frecuenci or in
> other than iriver could not be recived? Could be ear with a future
> Rocbox? I undestand digital radio is in mpeg sound and it could be ear
> with the correct codec and why these, coul be ear if it will work in it.

No, digital radio requires another type of receiver. The receiver in the
iriver is analog only.

> When is the analogical radio put off? I Understand in the next year
> analogical radios will be dead. Will We have mute Fm reciver in the
> future?

I don't know when the analog radio will be shut down in your country,
but when it does, you won't be able to listen to radio with your iriver.

> Why Am is not suported in many mp3 reproducers? I understand Fm is
> better, but some radios only can be ear in Am, like foreing exterior
> radios.

I don't really know, but it might be because AM radio needs a special
type of antenna, and that AM radio isn't as popular today as FM radio.

Linus