Subject: Question About Flashing

Question About Flashing

From: Grant Hardy <granthardy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 22:26:08 -0800

Hi All,

I will be receiving an Archos unit shortly and would like to flash Rockbox
onto it as I am blind and need the voice prompts to access my unit. I want
to know, once Rockbox is flashed, can I then delete everything from my root
drive (i.e. the rockbox folder) and have no reprocutions? Including the
voice file?

Also, I'd like to know whether I can format my newly-received unit and not
mess up the player. For example, are there certain system folders that you
aren't supposed to delete (not including the Rockbox folders)? What I mean
is, I want to format the unit so it's new and fresh, and THEN install
Rockbox.