Subject: Re: Ipod Port

Re: Ipod Port

From: Dave Chapman <dave_at_dchapman.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Feb 2006 14:02:01 +0000

heavensblade23 wrote:
> What's the easiest way to install the ipod port on a 5g ipod? I've
> tried copying it over to various directories but nothing happens.

Rockbox is not yet usable on the 5g ipod (there is no audio ouput), so
there are also no end-user installation instructions or pre-built binaries.

If you want to see what it looks like today, there are "for developers"
instructions here:

http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/IpodBoot

You will, however, need to compile Rockbox yourself from the source code.

Dave.