Subject: Re: AW: Question about CD-Quality and MP3

Re: AW: Question about CD-Quality and MP3

From: Mike Holden <rockbox_at_mikeholden.org>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:05:15 -0000 (GMT)

Bluechip said:
> At 03:18 03/02/2006, you wrote:
>>Hi you wrote:
>>Mine cost me £10 (what's that, about $96 ...LOL, sorry) at a local
>> guitar shop ...I was AMAZED at the quality for what I think is such a
>> low price. Even "foamies" can set you back a couple of quid per pair
>> some places.
>>*True I pay five bucks or about 1 quid LOL! for tree pair of foamies.
>> What is the exact model, if there is such a thing, of your plugs?
>
> There is nothing identifying on the plugs or carry case ...and any other
> packaging is long gone ..I've had these things for *YEARS* ...a quick
> look at the web page suggests
> http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/er20.aspx
> as being the closest I can find.
>
> I was sure they came in several dB attenuation values, but they only
> seem to be 20 now.
> Plus the ones I have have CLEAR bass attenuation fittings, the ones in
> the picture have RED fittings.
> "Contents may differ from illustration"??

This is the site I have bought plugs off for riding my motorbike:
http://www.earplugs.gb.com/earplugs.html

They list loads of different types, and you can buy a "selection pack" of
one of each of them. There is a good reason for this, as everybody's ears
are a different shape and size, and what fits one person very well doesn't
fit another person too well at all. Plus, for music use, frequency
response will differ from one type of plug to another - find one that
suits your needs and ear shape.

They have pictures of all the different ones they sell (a lot!), so maybe
you can see yours on there!

BTW, if you use "foamies", you should replace them regularly (I bought a
box of 200 pairs!), to avoid the risk of nasty infections etc. :-) Apart
from anything else, they deteriorate with age and don't work so well any
more.
--
Mike Holden