Subject: Re: Recording screen on the iriver h320

Re: Recording screen on the iriver h320

From: Martin Borus <mborus_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 08:59:44 +0100

Hi Dave,

> I'm using the recording screen on my iriver to monitor my recordings. I'm
> wondering if there is a way to keep the microphone running without actually
> recording with the iriver. I'm actually using the microphone on the iriver
> to record on to another device. When I enter on the recording screen, I can
> hear the microphone through my headset, but it doesn't stay on all that long
> unless I press record.

Do you have a general timeout for the Iriver activated?
In that case the unit will shut down after x minutes of doing nothing.
Otherwise I see no reason why the microphone should not stay
active even if you do not record.

> Also, when I record, I hear the disk drive spin up every so often. Does
> anyone have a microphone that they use with their irivers to minimize that
> sound?

If you place your external microphone close to the unit, it will "hear" the
HD spin up. You can minimize that by placing the microphone away from
the Iriver. In very quiet situations where this doesn't help, you
should wrap the
Iriver into something that blocks sound once the recording is started.

Martin