Subject: Re: ogg vorbis files with multiple logical streams

Re: ogg vorbis files with multiple logical streams

From: Magnus Holmgren <lear_at_algonet.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 18:52:34 +0100

James Teh wrote:

> Is there any chance of Rockbox being able to handle a single ogg vorbis
> file with multiple logical streams? I notice in the code that this has
> not been overlooked but is not currently implemented:
> apps/metadata.c:
> /* This file has mutiple vorbis bitstreams (or is corrupt). */

Well, there's always a chance. :) However, there are several things that
need to be resolved for this to be feasible (and not limited to some n
streams, where n is fairly small), like where to store all metadata
(comments, stream offsets/lengths), how to handle the case where one
file contains more than one song (primarily for updating the WPS, I
think), and memory management for the codec when changing streams.

   Magnus