Subject: Re: (no subject)

Re: (no subject)

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 07:59:38 +0100

Matias Orchard wrote:
> What do I need to do with my hard drive, before trying to turn on my
> Rockbox?Huh I mean, I guess the problem is that all the Rockbox files
> were deleted, and thus I need to reset the hard drive before using it
> as the Rockbox drive........ Would you please help me here???

The ATA: -1 message means that Rockbox was unable to communicate with
the hard drive. This often means that the hard drive id dead, but it
just as often means that the batteries are bad, or even the battery
connectors.

Try with a fresh set of batteries. If that doesn't work, see if you can
fix the battery connectors. http://www.rockbox.org/docs/repairbattery.html

If it still fails, try with another hard drive.

Good luck!

Linus