Subject: Re: CS DevKit

Re: CS DevKit

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_rockbox.org>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 09:47:43 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 13 Feb 2006, Bluechip wrote:

Let me state this again: this is the users list when we should better do this
on the dev list.

I also don't understand why this question is directed to me at all. I'm not
the SDL expert nor did I write the SDL adjustments for the sim. If you just
post dev questions to the dev list, any dev that knows the answer can respond.

> First off. If I can get The DevKit to build the SDL sim for one player [eg.
> Recorder v1 2MB] can I be sure that the sim will build for ALL players, or
> do players use a different sub-set of SDL features depending on the unit in
> question?

I'd guess so but I don't know for sure. All sims build nicely with SDL for me.

> Secondly. Can you, excluding SDL related issues, list any other files which
> are missing from The DevKit, or direct me to the forum and/or IRC logs where
> the resulting problems (caused by eg. "missing header files") are
> highlighted, so that I may ascertain the specifics myself?

These problems pop up every now and then, and we've learned to expect them as
soon as we change anything drastic. I don't keep track of your versions or
changes so I can't point to any specifics. I recommend you simply build all
targets and you'll figure it out on your own.