Subject: Re: Help, the problem with my Archos is back

Re: Help, the problem with my Archos is back

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 14:37:22 +1300

Can you hear the Archos hard drive spinning? Is it making other noises?
Make sure the Archos is turned on. (it doesn't turn on automatically
when you plug in the USB cable.) Try plugging in the AC adaptor when
connecting with USB.

Make sure you use the "safely remove hardware" icon in the system tray
before unplugging the Archos to prevent file corruption.

When you have re-established USB communication, run a chkdsk on the
Archos drive.

That's all I can think of for now. :)