Subject: Re: Rockbox Weirdness

Re: Rockbox Weirdness

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 12:39:15 +1300

On Wed, 22 Feb 2006 15:22:45 -0700, Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

>>Hi Tom you wrote:
>>The voice enhancements to the Recent Bookmarks screen are built on my
>>previous display and usability enhancements. It would seem strange for
>>the blind users to get more information than the sighted people!
>
>Um? Why not? It's usually the other way around. Keep in mind that all
>plugins, games, txt files and I'm sure, much much more are currently not
>accessible to blind users? Why not clean up your patch and send it to the
>team? You will be doing a great service to a small but valued membership of
>the rockbox community. Of course of which, I am a member and thus extend my
>continued gratitude for all the work done to make RB accessible.
>
>No pressure eh?
>
>smile...rocker

Hi Rocker

It would be nice to have the patches applied to the current CVS, but I
don't think I could take all the frustration of trying to get them
applied by the dev team and seeing then slowly rot away in the patch
tracker.

Do you know there are 207 patches in there, some dating back to 2003?

I saw what happened with the original bookmarking patch - started in
2002, finally included 2004.

Life's too short.