Subject: Re: Now I'm SERIOUSLY alarmed about my Archos!!

Re: Now I'm SERIOUSLY alarmed about my Archos!!

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 16:48:26 -0500

Play taps for your drive. That's the head servo trying to find the
track. A death rattle for your drive. Salvage what data you can and
order a new drive pronto.

There's still life in that old drive, however. It will make a good
speaker! I ran across a website the other day where the guy had made
some 3-way speakers using a 2.5", a 3.5" and a 5" drive hooked to a
conventional crossover network. Hook the wires directly to the head
servo coil. No idea of the THD :-)

John

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 22:22:27 -0800, "Grant Hardy"
<granthardy_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>Ok...starting a few days ago, whenever I put my Archos into my pocket
>or indeed bumped it in any way, the Archos would emit this little
>squeak which sounded like it was coming through the headphones. But
>just today, no headphones plugged in either, I started playing a song
>and slipped the Archos into my pocket (ok, more like dropped it into
>my pocket) and heard this HORRIBLE squealing sound which lasted until
>the disk span down!! WHAT is up??

---
John De Armond
http://www.johngsbbq.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds.-Ralph Waldo Emerson