Subject: Re: Any sound enhancements on rockbox?

Re: Any sound enhancements on rockbox?

From: Jonathan Hasson <jonathan.hasson_at_usa.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 09:20:31 -0800

I was excited to see the 5-band equalizer addition to Rockbox. I've
always thought this would be a nice enhancement. I have a problem with
the EQ sound quality though. There seems to be some type of distortion
in the bass side of the EQ, especially on roll offs of bass notes. I
was concerned that my E3s were going bad, but turning off the EQ, I did
not experience the same distortion using the standard RB bass and treble
settings. There is no distortion in the iRiver settings either.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Jonathan