Subject: Re: German Voice-Files

Re: German Voice-Files

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 15:23:39 +0100

On 2/26/06, Rainer Jost <rainer-jost_at_t-online.de> wrote:
> Yes there are two programs, that working with speechengines like Talks and
> Mobile Speak,
> You can use tht with the serie 60 Hnady and the Communicators from Nokia.
> And the have a small spechengin in it. I think it uses 500K or so. That not
> mutch I think.

Yes, in fact, that sounds intresting, but I googled a bit around:

Mobile Speak:
http://www.codefactory.es/mobile_speak/mspeak.htm
"Works with a wide range of text-to-speech technologies, including
Scansoft and Acapela."
I understand that Mobile Speak is either implementing SAPI on Series
60 Symbian or presynthesizing the prompts like rockbox does.
Furthermore, it's pretty clear it's not freeware, so I doubt it's any
kind of open source.

Talks:
It's done by Scansoft (apparently called "Nuance" now), so roughly the
same as above applies.
http://www.nuance.com/news/pressreleases/2005/20050315_talks.asp

I have got no Symbian Cellphone, but a few of my test-devices at work
are, so I could check our the free one month trial.

lImbus