Subject: Re: Flyspray messages

Re: Flyspray messages

From: Andrew 'ashridah' Pilley <ashridah_at_netspace.net.au>
Date: Wed, 01 Mar 2006 08:42:42 +1100

On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 14:48 +0000, Mike Holden wrote:
> Is it possible to change the subject format slightly so that the messages
> will thread correctly in the mailbox? At the moment, the action taken and
> by whom (e.g. "comment added by bacon_boy") is incluided within the
> subject, completely mangling any threadability for most mail programs.

Uh, threadability is based on the In-Reply-To: <*insert Message-ID of
replied to message here*> header, not the Subject: header.
(mind you, that could still be broken in flyspray for all I know,)
Open up the headers to one of these emails, and examine the
In-Reply-To, Message-ID and References headers (the last one just being
informational, according to email specs, iirc).

> No biggie if it can't be done, but trying to follow a conversation on a
> particular patch or bug used to be easy in the Sourceforge version, but is
> now impossible as the messages appear in a weird order!

Andrew