Subject: Re: Car mode for Archos JBR V1

Re: Car mode for Archos JBR V1

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 09:07:06 +0200

sfsprs-audio_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> Before I go ahead and rewire my V1, I just wanted to verify that this
> is the only way to go. Has anyone had actual (not just theoretical)
> success getting it to start up playing using any of the three soft
> methods above?

I don't get it. What happens when you insert the charger when the device
is off? If the car adapter mode is disabled, it should do one of two things:

1) Enter the Archos charging screen (if you haven't flashed Rockbox)

2) Enter the Rockbox charging screen

If car adapter mode is enabled, it should do one of these things:

1) Enter the Archos charging screen (if you haven't flashed Rockbox)

2) Start Rockbox in the file browser (if you have Resume disabled, or
    there is nothing to resume)

3) Start playing music (if you have Resume enabled)

Which is it?

Linus