Subject: Auto-pausing

Auto-pausing

From: David Pedersen <dav-ped_at_frisurf.no>
Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 01:50:05 -0400

Hi, list!
Don't know, if this is something anyone but me would find of interest. I am
using my Archoes - among other things - for listening to audiobooks.
Unfortunately, somketimes while the book is plying, I fall asleep. The
Jukebox, on the other hand, does not... And when I wake up, I find it hard
to refind the spot where I dropped out. Guess this scenario is nothing
unknown for most of us, who read books the audible way.

When using the old tape recorders for listening to the audobooks, I know
some people found it useful to have a switch that they kept in their hand,
and when falling asleep they released this power switch, causing the player
to stop. I found it complicated to have to sit with a switch in my hand, all
the time. But my idea was, if it would be posible to have RB stop playing
automatically after a user defined periode of time, i.e 2 minutes, and
waiting for the user to press the play button, so as to continue. Or would
it be posible for rockbox, in the case where the user put it in
AudioBook-mode (could be an on/off function in the menu), to automatically
bookmark every this or that many minutes. That way, the user could go thru
the bookmarklist, and find the spot he last rememberd listening to.