Subject: Re: any advice for a probably dead HD in jbrv2?

Re: any advice for a probably dead HD in jbrv2?

From: Mike Bartz <mob_at_bartzfamily.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2006 17:09:55 -0400

Yeah, the freezer trick has worked for me in the past for other
drives. You put the drive in a sealed plastic bag (to keep out the
water!) Let it get nice and cold for 3-4 hours. Then plug it into a
system and copy all the data off as fast as you can. Some drives seem
to be able to get data off of them still when they are colder, but
when warmed up stop working.

Google for "hard drive freezer" or something and you'll see other
people talking about it.

Didn't work for me this time, so I'm going to try the warm towel trick
too. :-) Still hoping...

Mike

--
Mike Bartz