Subject: Re: how to remove batteries from an archos jukebox studio 20

Re: how to remove batteries from an archos jukebox studio 20

From: Christian Marg <christian.marg_at_tu-clausthal.de>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 01:37:37 +0200

Hello...

Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
> Can somebody tell me how to remove the batteries of a archos jukebox
> studio player?

The round plastic pieces on top both of both sides (long edge) will come
off, revealing the batteries.

1. Find the spot where the round plastic covers (long edge, between the
bumpers) are fixed: It is a small cavity that you can find by moving
your thumb to the left and to the right (one on each side) from slightly
above the controls.

2. Push your thumbnail into the cavity to move the plastic sligthly to
the side, then pull it up.

3. The batteries are revealed and you can remove them.

> Is the charging adapter which comes with the player for working with
> power too or is this only to charge the batteries?

Since afaik, the charging adapter (AC adaptor) will only charge the
batteries, your JBStudio won't work that way - you can build a custom 5v
DC power supply (that should be reasonably smooth DC, since you are
replacing Batteries aka very smooth DC ;) ) and hook that up to the
battery contacts. But you shouldn't try connecting both, your custom
supply and the AC-Adaptor...

bye
Christian