Subject: Dead JBFMR?

Dead JBFMR?

From: Ray Lambert <listlizard_at_interthingy.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 13:11:41 -0400

Hi,

I think my Archos JBFMR has died. I'm hoping someone may know a trick
to fix it or at least be able to confirm it's fate...

Everything seems to work fine but it won't play; there's no sound output
and the track time does not advance. It goes through all the motions, I
can still FFWD and FREW, skip tracks, etc., but when it should be
playing it just sits there idly.

My best guess is that the MP3 playback chip is dead/not responding.

The "view audio thread" debug screen shows read=0;
write=swap=playable=19CF76; playing=1; unswapped=0; wm=46CD0-19CF78.
None of this info changes (while playing) even if I exit and re-enter
the screen (I've never looked at this screen while playing before but
I'm guessing that it's supposed to update in real time).

I tried booting into the Archos FW and found that it hangs partway
through the boot (the progress bar gets to about 2/3). I tried this
multiple times with the same result. Sounds like a failing POST.

Anyone have any ideas about this? Is my suspicion correct?

Thanks in advance...

~ray

--
In a world without walls and fences, who needs windows and gates?