Subject: Re: Really need advice about iAudio Port

Re: Really need advice about iAudio Port

From: Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2006 17:20:15 -0400

On 4/15/06, Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net> wrote:
> is there a build where the voice UI works with iAudio players? If someone has
> an iAudio, will you please just enable voice and see if it works?

I'm using the current builds and AFAIK enabling voice is not so
trivial. You can check the daily manual to see about configuring it.
Here's today's:
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-iaudiox5-20060415.pdf

> Also, is the iAudio port "active"? Thanks for the help.

Again, this is just AFAIK, but from the forums, it definitely seems
like the IAUDIO port development is happening pretty regularly. They
just got sound working a few weeks ago. :)

If you're going for a new player, and you really intend to use Rockbox
on it, why not grab an iPod? You'll have better designed hardware,
and a port that's just as active as the IAUDIO's. (I bought my IAUDIO
for the FLAC support and, frankly, now that I know about Rockbox I
wish I had gone that route.) But don't take my word for it; I've only
been using Rockbox for a week and this is my first post to the list.
:)

Cheers,
Andrew