Subject: RE: Available voices, was, RE: Really need advice about iAudio Port

RE: Available voices, was, RE: Really need advice about iAudio Port

From: Rob Powell <rob_at_rinty.plus.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2006 20:56:53 +0100

Hi Andrew, 'can't anser the technical question exactly, but you might want
to look at the MP3 file's sample and bit rate. Except for very high quality
voices, there's no point sampling at higher than 16KHZ, and possibly lower.
The highest sample rate of any speech synth that I've come across is 22KHZ.
Also is it generating stereo files, if so, then that's pointless, as all
speech synths are essentially mono. Both these measures will substancially
reduce the size of the files.

Rob