Subject: FYI RB reinstall now working on iPod Nano

FYI RB reinstall now working on iPod Nano

From: Mark <discardedswimwear_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 21:04:20 +0100

I posted an email a few days ago about a problem I was having getting my
iPod Nano to play music after a RB reinstall (both a RB-only and then a
firmware+RB re-install).

The good news is that I have solved the problem (I think).
What I was doing was unzipping the RB zip file onto my PC hard drive, and
(trying to be clever) copying the English.voice file into the Langs folder
_before_ copying the .robckbox folder and rockbox.ipod file over to the
iPod.
This would enable the Nano to speak the menus etc. but it would not play the
songs.

What I then did was to copy over the .rockbox and rockbox.ipod over to the
Nano, and then copy the English.voice file over to the Nano afterwards.
The nano now speaks the menus *and* plays the songs.

I know this seems strange, and AFAIK the copying of a file to the iPod (as a
disk drive) should not do anything different depending on when it is copied.
But, it made a difference.
I hope this might save someone else some time scratching their heads!

Mark

iPod nano 2GB / RB 2006-03-30