Subject: Re: does using rockbox make all players sound the same?

Re: does using rockbox make all players sound the same?

From: Alun Thomas <athoma00_at_orcon.net.nz>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 19:07:00 +1200

Juergen Lemke wrote:
> Hello
>
> First off congratulations on the excellent work! I have a quick question:
>
> Do two different players, both using Rockbox, produce the same sound if
> I am using the same headphones? Putting it differently, will Rockbox
> make the differences in terms of sound quality which are reported in
> product reviews mute?
>
> I am not sure if this qualifies as a FAQ, but it certainly looks like a
> general and relevant question.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Juergen

> Mit Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard lesen Sie nur die Mails, die Sie auch wirklich
> lesen wollen.
> <http://de.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39052/*http://de.antispam.yahoo.com/tools>

There will likely be differences in the sound produced on two different
models of DAP running Rockbox, due to the fact they will have different
cicuitry for the sound output from the DAC. Rockbox cannot circumvent
this essential difference. So, if you are looking for the 'best' sound
from a DAP running you will need to do some research, either listening
to them yourself or maybe on the internet you may(!) get a worthwhile
opininon from someone. Good luck with that though.