Subject: Re: voice strings for FM radio

Re: voice strings for FM radio

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 16:45:03 +1000

On Wed, Apr 26, 2006 at 08:02:20AM +0200, Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:
> James Teh wrote:
> >Therefore, LANG_FM_PRESET_EDIT and LANG_FM_PRESET_DELETE should be
> >voiceable by just adding voice tags, should they not?
> I believe so, yes. However, I'm not sure how well the voice works in the FM screen. I think it's disabled at least on the Archos
> because recording is enabled.
It is definitely voiced on the Irivers (and I assume other SWCODEC
platforms); all items in the main context menu ("add preset", "save
preset list", etc.) are voiced. This leads me to a few questions,
though:
* Is any voicing possible on the Archos units in the recording screen
if prerecord is disabled?
* On the Iriver H300, even with prerecording disabled, the recording
screen will not speak at all, but the FM radio screen does speak. As I
understand it, the FM radio also uses the input monitoring
functionality (corrections gladly accepted), so why are these cases different?
* Is recording from the FM radio screen possible on SWCODEC targets and
just not implemented yet or is this technically infeasible?
There are other ways to do all of the stuff here, so this is more out of
curiosity.

Jamie

--
James Teh