Subject: TagCache on Archos

TagCache on Archos

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 00:05:22 +0200

Hi all,

I've been testing TagCache on Archos with a few builds now, and can
not consider it to be useful at this moment on this particular
platform.

While it works very well on the iriver h320 I have, it is far to slow
on my archos (80 GB music).
Even the more than one hour forced cache update is bearable, the 10
minutes startup "comitting [1/10]" and so on does not seem to be
supportable/understandable.
The problem to the user may be that he's not able to deactivate it (if
he does not know what files he has to erase)

Am I doing something wrong, or should this feature be plastered with
warnings, if not disabled at all for these platforms ?

~lImbus