Subject: Re: screen on iriver 120 displays "rock box loading" and is stuck there

Re: screen on iriver 120 displays "rock box loading" and is stuck there

From: ScottLearned <SLearned_at_cox.net>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 10:03:56 -0700

Gayle Horton wrote:

Hello,
I've been using rockbox with the Iriver 120 for about three months. I've
occasionally had to reset it because it sometimes locks up during playback,
and that usually works. However, yesterday, after resuming playback it
would not move to the next song, in fact, the everything locked up.
Resetting did not work, so I connected it to my computer and deleted the
folder where the song was located. It didn't fix the problem. I next read
in the FAQ section of documentation on rockbox.org that running a scan disk
or reformatting might work, but when I tried to connect the player to the
computer, the drive no longer shows up. Each time I restart now, I get the
"rockbox loading" message that doesn't disappear and the disk keeps clicking
away inside. At least that may mean the player isn't dead, and that it's
probably rockbox. I also tried holding down the record and on buttons
hoping that the original firmware would load but it didn't. I can't
uninstall and reload the software as I can't get the player to be
recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Gayle

Hi Gayle,
can you power off your player? Try connecting it after it shuts down. If you
can't turn it off, wait until it powers off automatically and then try to
connect to your pc.

I had a similar situation with my iPod. After it finally shutdown
automatically, the pc recognized it as a drive.

Scott