Subject: Re: Does rockbox run better on X5 or Ipod?

Re: Does rockbox run better on X5 or Ipod?

From: Mark <discardedswimwear_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:23:07 +0100

I'd agree with all that Scott said about using a nano with Rockbox voice.
Really great.
One little tip that I'd like to pass on to a blind user looking to buy one:
you might want to seriously consider buying one with a cracked or broken
screen. Plenty of folks are selling them on eBay for quite a significant
discount (although be careful not to pay the same as for one with a working
screen!)
You do not need to view the screen when installing Rockbox, including its
voice, and so if you don't need one, and you can get a discount by buying
one without the screen, then go for it!

Mark