Subject: Re: iRiver H340

Re: iRiver H340

From: Michael DiFebbo <medifebbo_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2006 12:24:25 -0400

Dj Paddy wrote:
> Hi.
>
> Yes I used the patcher to do this.
>
> I'll try again.
> Barry Toner

I'm not sure that you understood my post. AFTER you use the fwpatcher
to patch the iriver firmware with the Rockbox bootloader, you need to
put the H300.hex file into the root of H300. You then need to boot into
the iriver firmware, select "Upgrade firmware," and then select
"Yes." You say "I used the patcher to do this," but this step doesn't
have anything to do with the patcher.

If you haven't yet performed this step, you should get sighted
assistance if at all possible. When you select "yes" to upgrade the
firmware, the display will indicate that the firmware is upgrading.
This process takes about a minute, and then the player shuts off.
However, there's no audible feedback to tell you when this happens, and
it is critical not to inadvertently interrupt the upgrade process.

I hope this helps.