Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: installing rockbox on Iaudio X5

Re: installing rockbox on Iaudio X5

From: Andrew Conkling <andrew.conkling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 15:36:22 -0400

On 6/1/06, Brian Hartgen <brian_at_hartgen.org> wrote:
> There is a section of the Rockbox manual relating to installing Rockbox on
> the Iaudio X5 player, however is this available please on the web as well?
> I could not find it with the other installation documentation. I am often
> being asked about players onto which Rockbox can be installed and this is
> obviously another option people can explore.

Hi Brian,
You can find a wiki version of the manual (so it's more current) here:
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/WikiManual. Also, I have
had a lot of luck on the IAUDIO section of the Rockbox forums:
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?board=15.0. There's a quick and
dirty howto, but it's what I used successfully:
http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=3177.0.

Which reminds me... does dual-booting work? I couldn't find anything
in the forums except an unofficial patch, but if that's been
committed, these docs will need to be updated. Any word?

Cheers,
Andrew