Subject: Re: iriver Bugs

Re: iriver Bugs

From: Mark Arigo <m_arigo_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2006 06:45:35 -0700 (PDT)

Seeking works if you seek to a point within the file
buffer. If you seek outside the current file buffer
and cause a rebuffer, then seeking fails. There is a
patch for this on the tracker,
http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/5305, but as far
as I know it hasn't been applied yet because while it
fixes flac seeking, it's not clear if it breaks
seeking for other codecs. I haven't noticed any
regressions, but I don't ffwd much, so please test.

Also, this patch is required for proper flac resuming
if the resume point is outside initial buffered
amount.

Mark