Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Another happy user (H140)
Re: Another happy user (H140)
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 07:23:42 +0200
Christopher Woods wrote:
> For instance, when you press and hold the joystick to load the context
> menu with the EQ setitngs, Open With..., Playlist, bookmarks and Pitch,
> it's simple to navigate back out of that menu - you just nudge the
> joystick left, and you're back at the Now Playing screen. Similarly,
> pressing the A-B button cycles through what I estimate to be the 'main'
> menu and the Now Playing menu. The same goes for if you hold the A-B to
> get to the Shuffle / Repeat options screen, you just hit A-B to get back
> to Now Playing.
This is really very simple. It comes down to two things:
1) The file browser is the main screen in Rockbox, not the WPS.
2) When you leave a menu, you get back to the screen from where you
called it, be it the file browser or the WPS.
The reasons for not going to the WPS when you hit Left in the root are
1) The browser is the main screen.
2) It would drive blind users nuts.
3) We couldn't care less how the iriver firmware works. This is Rockbox,
and it runs on many other platforms that don't have this behaviour in
their original firmware.
Received on 2006-06-09