Subject: Voice problem on the iRiver

Voice problem on the iRiver

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 17:15:33 -0500

Hello All,
A friend with an iRiver has a question, and I'm not sure of the answer.
I know that with mine, I no longer get the file names upon booting up, until
I down arrow, but I think his question is more involved than that.
I also don't think his issue is due to a bug.
Question:
Glenn
I was wondering if you have heard any reports of bugs in the Iriver 140
firmware? When I was using the 120 and pressed the stop/pause button I
would be put in the file list and the first file would be read. Now if I
press the stop/off button, nothing is read. Also none of the other
buttons will say anything either.
To get the menus and files to read I have to press the menu button while
something is playing and when the voice starts reading the menu options,
I press the left arrow, and then the stop/off button to get the files to
read. After I do that I can press the stop/off button to get the files
to read at any time as long as I don't turn the unit off. If I do, I
have to start the whole procedure again.
Tony.