Subject: Archos v1 Fault

Archos v1 Fault

From: Bluechip <csbluechip_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 07:15:17 +0100

Hi all,

A couple of days ago my Archos v1 developed an interesting little fault.

I have Rockbox setup to bookmark-on-stop. When I press STOP, I
reliably get an RLOD.

I'm guessing that a critical sector of the hard drive has gone down,
one which is used when Rockbox attempts to bookmark-on-stop.

I was going to run a full scandisk, but I'm concerned that the
batteries won't be able to survive the scan (even if the wallwart is
in play). As especially as my machine is currently USB 1.1 :(

Does anybody have experience of this type of problem.

BC