Subject: iaudio x5 help

iaudio x5 help

From: Terry Klarich <terry_at_klarich.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2006 09:30:27 -0500

Hello all:

I wanted to thank the developers of the rockbox firmware. It certainly is much appreciated by those of us who are blind.

I have kept up with the list for the past 2 years. And, have finally purchased a iaudio x5l. My install of the boot loader,
firmware, fonts and voice file whent well. There were no problems. My unit was actually talking. I even got it to play some
mp3's.

Unfortunately, I have accidentally switched the language to something other than English. So, the unit no longer talks and my Wife
can't read the menus either.

No matter what I do, I am unable to go back to a fresh default install of rockbox. I am guessing that I told rockbox to store its
configuration in flash. I have rreinstalled rockbox, reinstalled the cowon firmware and removed all directories on the disk that
appear to have non-mp3 files.

Anyone got any suggestions? Also, is there a source for key assignments? There is a play and record button on the side with a joy
stick on the front of the unit.

THANKS!
Terry