Subject: Re: charging questions

Re: charging questions

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 11:10:39 -0400

Interesting. Two days ago, I compiled up a 20060621 cvs update for
my Iriver H340. After installing this build, I can no longer turn
off Rockbox while the AC adapter is plugged in. Rockbox pauses a
moment and simply rereads the currently selected file in the file browser.

I am sure I have never had any difficulties with this before now. To
turn it off, I have to momentarily unplug it, hold stop, wait to hear
the drive spin up and down and the audio switch off so I know it's
actually going to shut down properly. then I can plug it back into
the power. Though, sometimes after plugging it back into the power,
the Iriver firmware boot spontaneously. I'm watching this trying to
determine if there's something I'm doing that's causing the original
firmware to start, but I didn't notice this happening before
INSTALLING THIS BUILD. It seems that if I hold stop, wait for the
drive to spin down and plug in the AC adapter, there is a pause for a
few seconds and the Iriver firmware starts. I need to do some more
concerted testing to see if this happens every time, but it is
happening a lot.
I'll update cvs and recompile later today or on the week-end when I
have time to see if that makes a difference.

Anyone else seeing anything like these little probs?

Cheers,
Andrew.