Subject: Re: charging questions

Re: charging questions

From: James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 11:12:27 +1000

Jens Arnold wrote:
>>> the browser. So why bother having a special charging screen?
>> Actually, I did think of one reason. Currently, if you
>> disconnect the charger, because the main Rockbox application
>> is loaded, it will not power off until idle timeout, so you
>> have to disconnect and then power off. The charging screen
> If that's the case, it's a bug. The idle timeout is suppressd as
> long as the charger is connected. If you disconnect the charger,
> rockbox should power off after the idle timeout.
Sorry, this is not what I meant. The idle timeout does indeed trigger as
it should when the charger is disconnected, but my point is that the
user should be able to shut down Rockbox while on charge and then
disconnect with Rockbox powering off upon disconnect. At present, the
user either has to power down manually or waste battery power waiting
for Rockbox to idle timeout, and if the idle timeout is set very high or
disabled, this will never happen. With most other player firmware, once
shut down while on charge, the charging screen appears and the unit
powers down completely as soon as the charger is disconnected. This is
the advantage of having a charging screen.

Jamie

--
James Teh
Email: jamie_at_jantrid.net