Subject: Re: charging questions

Re: charging questions

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:07:39 +0200

On 6/27/06, James Teh <jamie_at_jantrid.net> wrote:
> Tom Cole wrote:
> > The main purpose of the charging screen in the Archos machines is to
> > show that the unit is running in a reduced power consumption state. i.e.
> > the hard drive is not powered up. This is to allow flat batteries to be
> > charged up by simply plugging in the charger. Pressing "On" from this
> > state will start the Archos normally and allow it to browse and play
> > music, etc.
> Would this not apply to the Iriver H300 as well once the bootloader is
> patched? I have heard of instances of the unit not being able to boot
> due to a very flat battery, although in the H300 case, the charging is
> done in hardware so it's only cosmetic.

Please, let's not forget/break the car adaptor mode. It's intended to
resume playback as soon the unit is powered by the charger plug.

Although I must admit I would not know how to "brute force charge" my
recV1 (that is in car adapter mode) once the batteries are completely
flat. There is probably a keystroke that erases all such settings all
will then failover to the charging screen.

~lImbus