Subject: Switching ipod from rockbox to apple firmware (and back)

Switching ipod from rockbox to apple firmware (and back)

From: <katre_at_henchmonkey.org>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 10:59:38 -0400 (EDT)

Now that I've installed Rockbox on my new iPod (30GB 5th gen, and thanks
everyone who helped me find the file I needed), I'm pretty happy with it,
except for one problem.

Since I can't (yet?) watch videos under Rockbox, I have to switch from the
Rockbox firmware back to the original Apple firmware whenever I have a
video I want to see. Switching back to Rockbox isn't too hard, except
that when I do, all my settings have reset. It's showing me files instead
of the Tag Database, I have to rebuild the Tag Cache, I have to reset the
theme, etc etc etc.

Is there any way to switch firmwares without resetting Rockbox? Am I
doing something wrong in the switch? (All I do is restart the iPod holding
down the Menu button to go to Apple, and then use Menu+Select from Apple
to reboot and get into Rockbox).

Thanks all,
katre