Subject: work on HTML Manual (was: Rockbox Manual)

work on HTML Manual (was: Rockbox Manual)

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 17:08:19 +0200

On 7/17/06, Kitson Kelly <kitson_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> I am on gentoo, so everything is available to me. I will download the
> source document and have a crack at it, see how easy it is to convert and if
> there is a good way to do it without to much human intervention.

Good news everyone! It seems like I've found the affecting line which
gets latex to produce always pdf files!

I just generated a HTML version of the manual. It's still broken in
some aspects, but already partly usable. Mostly button names and
optional stuff is broken and it gets written to a single file up to
now.

Some issues are:
- It seems to break on longtable (used in the appendix)
- it seems to break on optional if the tested value has capitals
(maybe it's the _, not the capitals itself)
- it seems to break on our \ButtonFoo macros when not ended with {} or
\<space>, i.e. \ButtonFoo doesn't work while \ButtonFoo{} does.
- \chapter*{\centering{Rockbox}} breaks because of the use of
centering (remove the centering to make it work).

I don't have the time to look into that further ATM but as far as I
can see will these be the main issues. I've commited a change to the
preamble which removes the line that broke htlatex (if somebody can
explain to me why this line broke the generation of dvi files please
let me know). So when looking at the LaTeX sources please make sure
you're using the latest cvs version (cvs module "manual").

 - Dominik