Subject: Re: work on HTML Manual (was: Rockbox Manual)

Re: work on HTML Manual (was: Rockbox Manual)

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2006 10:45:39 -1000

Dear Jonas,

Thanks for getting the description-writing process going. And thanks
for suggesting sending descriptions to the list. I can write, but I
don't know how to submit manual changes, so I appreciate this means
of doing it. And if it's not too difficult to make changes and
corrections, tell me how and I'll do it myself next time.

Here's a description for the iPod Nano. Some or all of it may apply
to other iPods as well; anyone writing descriptions of other iPods is
free to use as much of it as applies.

The iPod Nano Controls

The main controls on the iPod Nano are a slightly indented wheel with
a flat round button in the center. Hold the iPod with these controls
on the top surface. There is a Hold switch at one end, and headphone
and USB jacks at the other; be sure the end with the switch is facing
away from you.

The button in the middle of the wheel is called Select. You can
operate the wheel by pressing the top, bottom, left or right
sections, or by sliding your finger around it. The top is Menu, the
bottom is Play, the left is Prev, and the right is Next. When the
manual says to scroll forward, it means to slide your finger
clockwise around the wheel. Scroll back means to slide your finger
counterclockwise. Note that the wheel is sensitive, so you'll need to
move slowly at first and get a feel for how it works.

Note that when the Hold switch is pushed toward the center of the
iPod, Hold is on, and none of the other controls do anything; be sure
Hold is off before trying to use your player.