Subject: problem building voice files

problem building voice files

From: Stephen Clower <>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 20:39:05 -0400

Hi folks,

I'm trying to build an updated voice file using several engines:
Neospeech and AT&T among them. I have followed the instructions in
the voice file tutorial to the letter, and the script informs me that
it is making the voice file. However, the MakeVoices.vbs script
immediately exits back to the command prompt, and I see that all of
my resulting voice files are 16 bytes long regardless of the speech
engine in use. Might one of you know what could be causing this to
occur? I am using the latest CVS build of RockBox. Thanks to anyone
who can assist.

All the Best,