Subject: Re: Wondering about Ipods

Re: Wondering about Ipods

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2006 18:25:57 -0500

The problem most people are reporting is that if you load music using iTunes
(which registers it into the database) with the newest Apple firmware, it
still ins't usable in the Apple firmware (even though theoretically
registered properly in the Apple Database) if Rockbox is installed for, as
far as any one can tell, JUST because Rockbox is installed. This seems to
only happen with the Nano.

In almost all other cases I've heard of, either the music isn't copied over
using iTunes, or it's copied over using an iTunes-structure generating tool
that doesn't generate a valid structure for the newer firmware versions.